The Bartenders Guild
The Bartenders’ Guild was formed in 2003 as a collection of flair bartenders who shared a passion for a fledging art form. At that time the Guild functioned as a home for its members, uniting them as they worked on disparate events around British Columbia, Canada, and the world. It provided its members with a cadre of friendly faces to share in their glories and foibles. The founding of the Guild also marked the birth of “Flairfest”, a western Canadian bartenders’ festival by bartenders for bartenders. Over time the members of the guild have acquired diverse expertise and the Guild has evolved with them.
The Bartenders’ Guild now stands as a meeting place for skilled bartenders of all creeds; uniting the art of flair and the art of mixology under one roof to bring bartenders together for the love of their craft. With “Flairfest” running into its tenth year in 2013, and carrying a desire to expand the concept of the traditional bartender, the Guild stands poised to redefine itself and the industry in which it thrives.
- Managing, judging, and consulting on flair and mixology events
- Training in traditional, flair, and mixology bartending for established businesses
- Training independent bartenders and providing a support base in their new careers
- Hiring out flair and mixology bartenders for events, weddings, competitions, and more
- Mixology consultation for sprucing up tired cocktail menus
- Uniting the liquor industry with the talent that can shake up their events and promotions
With an ever increasing roster of talent and a hunger to diversify its approach in a growing and dynamic industry, the Bartenders’ Guild is eager for the future and all challenges that are ready for it.